Architectural Design by Mahlum Architects
Our Home – Cathedral Park will be in one of the most desirable locations in the city
This new community will reside on a ½ acre of urban hillside property that we, along with our nonprofit partners, Community Vision, have secured in the heart of Portland’s iconic Cathedral Park neighborhood near the base of the St. Johns Bridge. The incredible location is just minutes from downtown, convenient to public transportation, a short hike to Forest Park, and comfortably walkable to many restaurants, bars, shops, and the beautiful Cathedral Park.
We believe that all members of our community should be able to play an equal role in the development of our shared identity and vision:
- Growing together as a community and as individuals
- Creating an authentic sense of belonging
- Making decisions cooperatively
- Sharing resources
- Respecting and embracing differences
- Giving and receiving
- Enjoying each others’ company
- Connecting with our surrounding neighborhood, city, and region
- We have several committed families and are Building Membership Now!
- We have control of a ½ acre of land in North Portland, located at North Edison Street and North Burlington Street in North Portland
- Our developer is UD+P, one of the nation’s only professional cohousing developers
- We have secured partial pre-development funding
- Estimated completion: 2022
- All accessible, universally-designed condo homes (no stairs!)
- 28 units with full kitchens and laundry hook-ups
- Studio, 1, 2, and 3-bedroom units
- Shared common dining and gathering space, kitchen, bike parking, dog washing station, laundry, interior and exterior community gathering areas
- Large, shared, landscaped courtyard
- Community deck
- Several private sidewalk patios
- Covered parking for 15
- Conventional ownership of individual units
- Cohousing governance structure
- 1 ADA unit
- Several subsidized units for income qualifying individuals
- Incredible views of Forest Park and the St Johns Bridge
- Walk score of 86
- Access to shopping, amenities, and entertainment
- Close to public transportation
- Right next door to a large community garden
- A strong, supportive, and fun community of neighbors!
What is Cohousing?
Contemporary cohousing originated in Denmark 60 years ago and planted its first roots in the US in the 1990s. The concept combines homeownership with shared values and communal spaces to create an environment where individuals and families can build their lives and community together.
Inclusive and diverse communities are stronger communities.
Our Home Cohousing Projects are envisioned and organized by the Oregon nonprofit, Our Home, Inclusive Community Collaborative and based on the belief that inclusive and diverse communities are stronger communities.